Bon Jovi Best Of 4-CD set as well as a DVD are on the way very soon... "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong..." (Island Def Jam/UMe), to be released November 16, 2004, is a "thinking outside the box" box set from one of the most popular and successful bands in rock. Another landmark in Bon Jovi's history of pioneering events, the mammoth four-CD, 50-song collection (plus a DVD) is not a greatest hits collection but instead is comprised largely of previously unreleased recordings from the band's vast archive -- in other words, the band's "greatest hits you never heard." Along with the 38 tracks that make their debuts are a dozen rarities from around the world. The earliest songs hail from 1985, the latest from 2003. Yet each CD was sequenced by the band as a complete album experience rather than chronologically.
Also included is a bonus DVD featuring exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes footage. In addition, the hardbound collector's box set package boasts a 64-page booklet with rare photos, fan testimonials, exclusive interviews, and personal content from the band.
Marking the 20th anniversary of the band's debut album, "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong..." is the group's first box set and, in typical Bon Jovi fashion, breaks new ground. Whereas most such packages recycle a greatest hits album and add a few previously unreleased bonuses, this collection offers fans the chance to discover their own never before released favorites by presenting dozens of songs that, for whatever reason, never made an album. Typically, this prolific band records upwards of 30 songs for an album; matters of time, style and personal preference often result in difficult choices. In fact, Jon Bon Jovi jokes that he would make a poor A&R exec because he wanted to leave what turned out to be a monster hit, "Livin' On A Prayer," off the landmark album "Slippery When Wet."
Also noteworthy is that with "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong..." Bon Jovi launches American XS Platinum, a premium paid level of membership in the American XS program that provides exclusive content and benefits. Bon Jovi initiated the original American XS program with the release of 2002's "Bounce." Each copy of that CD included a sticker with a unique pin code and by logging onto www.bonjovi.com, purchasers could sign up for American XS and receive exclusive access to footage (video and audio) as well as access to passwords for pre-sales on concert tickets.
Bon Jovi's history of initiating such new ideas has included Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora's seminal bare-bones, acoustic performance on the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, which became the inspiration for the "Unplugged" series. Bon Jovi also became the first artist to close New York's W. 53rd Street for a performance on "The Late Show with David Letterman" and the first to perform on the rooftop of that show's Ed Sullivan Theatre. In 2002, the band drew more than half a million people to Times Square to see their performance at the inaugural NFL Kickoff event and then helicoptered to Giants Stadium to become the first artist to perform at a Giants halftime show. A 2002 London concert was broadcast live into movie theatres across the U.K. and Europe and Webcast live to more 1,000,000 viewers in 60-plus countries.
Bon Jovi also spearheaded the Moscow Music Peace Festival in that city's Olympic Stadium -- the first rock music fest of its kind in the former U.S.S.R. -- and the band's "New Jersey" album was the first western rock album officially released by Melodiya, the government label in the then-Soviet Union.
With the release of 2002's "Bounce," Bon Jovi again made headlines when they partnered with MTV Worldwide for a "Bounce to Australia" contest where every single MTV partner across the globe sent contest winners to see Bon Jovi's show in Australia.
A rarity for a hard rockin' band that emerged in the '80s, today Bon Jovi's dignity remains intact, its songs have stood the test of time and its fans still want more. As the title says, "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong..."
Track Listing: Bon Jovi: 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN'T BE WRONG:
1. WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD? - Previously Unreleased
2. THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT - Previously Unreleased
3. TAKING IT BACK - Previously Unreleased
4. SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT (DEMO) Demo; Previously Unreleased (Final version included on' Cross Road' album)
5. MISS FOURTH OF JULY - Previously Unreleased
6. OPEN ALL NIGHT - Previously Unreleased
7. THESE ARMS ARE OPEN ALL NIGHT - Previously Unreleased
8. I GET A RUSH - Previously Unreleased
9. SOMEDAY JUST MIGHT BE TONIGHT - Previously Unreleased
10. THIEF OF HEARTS - Unreleased Studio Track (live version available only on TLFR DVD - audio never released)
11. LAST MAN STANDING - Unreleased Studio Track (live version available only on TLFR DVD - audio never released)
12. I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR MAN - Previously Unreleased
1. GARAGELAND - Previously Unreleased
2. STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN - Released as a Bonus Track in Japan Only on 'Keep The Faith' album
3. MAYBE SOMEDAY - Previously Unreleased
4. LAST CHANCE TRAIN - Previously Unreleased
5. THE FIRE INSIDE - Previously Unreleased
6. EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART - Previously Unreleased
7. RICH MAN LIVING IN A POOR MAN'S HOUSE - Previously Unreleased
8. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY - Previously Unreleased
9. YOU CAN SLEEP WHILE I DREAM - Previously Unreleased
10. OUTLAWS OF LOVE - Previously Unreleased
11. GOOD GUYS DON'T ALWAYS WEAR WHITE - Released on the soundtrack to the motion picture 'The Cowboy Way'
12. WE RULE THE NIGHT - Previously Unreleased
1. EDGE OF A BROKEN HEART - Released on the motion picture soundtrack to 'Disorderlies'; also released as a b-side
2. SYMPATHY - Previously Unreleased
3. ONLY IN MY DREAMS (featuring Tico Torres on vocals) - Previously Unreleased
4. SHUT UP AND KISS ME - Previously Unreleased
5. CRAZY LOVE - Previously Unreleased
6. LONELY AT THE TOP - Released as a b-side singles from and on special 2-CD edition of 'These Days' album
7. ORDINARY PEOPLE - Released as a b-side from the 'Crush' album
8. FLESH AND BONE - Previously Unreleased
9. SATELLITE - Previously Unreleased
10. IF I CAN'T HAVE YOUR LOVE (featuring Richie Sambora on vocals) - Previously Unreleased Solo Track
11. REAL LIFE - Released on the motion picture soundtrack to 'EDTV'
12. MEMPHIS LIVES IN ME (featuring David Bryan on vocals) - Previously Unreleased; from the musical production 'MEMPHIS'
13. TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING - Previously Unreleased
1. LOVE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A FOUR LETTER WORD - Previously Unreleased
2. LOVE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A FOUR LETTER WORD (DEMO) - Previously Unreleased
3. RIVER RUNS DRY - Previously Unreleased
4. ALWAYS (DEMO) - Demo; Previously Unreleased (final version included on 'Cross Road' album)
5. KIDNAP AN ANGEL - Previously Unreleased
6. BREATHE - Released as a b-side from Bounce album; Released on the Target - Exclusive CD in the US 2003
7. OUT OF BOUNDS - Previously Unreleased
8. LETTER TO A FRIEND - Previously Unreleased
9. TEMPTATION - Released as a b-side on singles from the 'Crush' album
10. GOTTA HAVE A REASON - Previously Unreleased
11. ALL I WANNA DO IS YOU - Previously Unreleased
12. BILLY - Previously Unreleased
13. NOBODY'S HERO