Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway," Kelly Clarkson second album (American Idol). Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway," one of the most anticipated albums of 2004, will be released by the RCA Records label on Tuesday, November 30th.
"Since U Been Gone" was the No. 1 most-added song at Mainstream Top 40 radio this week, adding to the buzz for the CD, which has reached a fever pitch. Billboard Magazine wrote: "This is an utterly ideal
showcase for Kelly Clarkson. There's glorious tempo, enough edge to rattle the speakers, a relentless, big-game hook -- and it's a huge leap forward for the entertainer as a more confident, ever-maturing vocalist."
Her first album, "Thankful," released in 2003, debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard Hot 100 and included the No. 1 single "A Moment Like This" plus the top 5 smash hit "Miss Independent". Certified double platinum, "Thankful" was the perfect introduction to Kelly Clarkson.
"I had a lot more experience coming into the second album," Kelly Clarkson says. "I knew exactly what I wanted and who I wanted to work with."
The album begins with the title track, "Breakaway," one of this year's mega-hits reaching #1 on all Top 40 radio outlets. "Since U Been Gone," is the second track on the new album. Kelly Clarkson describes the song as an "empowering anthem." It's the only track on the album not recorded in Los Angeles.
"I went to Max Martin's studio in Sweden. We recorded it there with Max and the co-writer of the song, Lukasz Gottwald. The first time I heard the song I thought it was a little poppy, so I asked if we could rock the track a little. We put some heavier guitars and harder drums on it. Now it's explosive".
Kelly Clarkson co-wrote six songs on the album, including "Behind These Hazel Eyes" with Max Martin and Lukasz Gottwald, as well as "Because of You" with Ben Moody and David Hodges, formerly of Evanescence.
Kelly Clarkson also recorded six songs co-written by Kara Dioguardi, including "Gone," "Where Is Your Heart," and "You Found Me."
"Kara is one of the best writers I've ever met," says Kelly Clarkson. "She's passionate and very much an emotional writer," 'Gone,' which Kara Dioguardi wrote with John Shanks, is feisty and uptempo. "It'll be a great song to perform live. I love "You Found Me" because it's a happy song and the rest of the album is a bit on the darker side."
Kelly Clarkson and Kara Dioguardi also teamed up to write "Hear Me," along with Clif Magness. "'Hear Me' is the message I really want people to get from this album, sometimes I just want to be heard," Kelly Clarkson explains. "I don't care if you like my opinion or if you care what I'm saying, just listen. Indulge me. I wrote this song about being in a crowd, you're screaming at the top of your lungs and no one is listening. You are invisible. That's what I feel like sometimes. It's a very therapeutic song for me to listen to. I think everyone can relate to it."
The album concludes with a live version of "Beautiful Disaster," a song Kelly Clarkson originally recorded for her first album. "The lyrics are so beautiful," Kelly Clarkson stresses. "Writer Matthew Wilder and I wanted to do a piano version. We did it on tour and everybody flipped over it. I thought it would
be great to add it to the record for the people who didn't get a chance to see me perform it live."
The album producer is Clive Davis with A&R by Stephen Ferrera. Clarkson is managed by Simon Fuller for 19 Management.
The complete track listing for Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway" album is:
1. Breakaway, Written by M. Gerrard/B. Benante/A. Lavigne, Produced by John Shanks
2. Since U Been Gone, Written by Martin Sandberg/Lukasz Gottwald, Produced by Max Martin and Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald for Maratone Productions
3. Behind These Hazel Eyes, Written by Kelly Clarkson/Martin Sandberg/Lukasz Gottwald, Produced by Max Martin and Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald for Maratone Productions
4. Because Of You, Written by Kelly Clarkson/David Hodges/Ben Moody, Produced by David Hodges and Ben Moody
5. Gone, Written by Kara Dioguardi/John Shanks, Produced by John Shanks
6. Addicted, Written by Kelly Clarkson/David Hodges/Ben Moody, Produced by David Hodges and Ben Moody
7. Where Is Your Heart, Written by Chantal Kreviazuk/Kelly Clarkson/Kara Dioguardi, Produced by Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk
8. Hear Me, Written by Kelly Clarkson/Kara Dioguardi/Clif Magness, Produced by Clif Magness
9. Walk Away, Written by Chantal Kreviazuk/Raine Maida/Kara Dioguardi/Kelly Clarkson, Produced by Raine Maida and Chantal Kreviazuk
10. You Found Me, Written by Kara Dioguardi/John Shanks, Produced by John Shanks
11. I Hate Myself For Losing You, Written by Kara Dioguardi/Jimmy Harry/Shep Solomon, Produced by Clif Magness
12. Beautiful Disaster (Live), Written by Matthew Wilder/Rebekah Jordan, Live Engineer: Toby Francis
Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway" new album: ORDER IT NOW.